CFA 11 results: Fallon Fox and Mike Kyle finish opponents in featured bouts
Championship Fighting Alliance (CFA) held its latest mixed martial arts event inside BankUnited Center in Coral Gables, Fla., last night (May 24, 2013), featuring a heavyweight contest inChampionship Fighting Alliance (CFA) held its latest mixed martial arts event inside BankUnited Center in Coral Gables, Fla., last night (May 24, 2013), featuring a heavyweight contest in the main event between Mike Kyle and Travis Wiuff. Check out complete CFA 11 results below.
Championship Fighting Alliance’s (CFA) eleventh mixed martial arts (MMA) event is in the books as last night (May 24, 2013) the organization traveled to Coral Gables, Fla., for CFA 11: “Kyle vs. Wiuff,” at the BankUnited Center.
The event headliner featured a clash of veteran heavyweight mixed martial arts (MMA) fighters as former Ultimate Fighting Championship (UFC) and Strikeforce mainstay Mike Kyle took on the well-traveled Travis Wiuff.
It didn’t take long for Kyle to get his hand raised, as in the very early going of the first round the 33-year-old knocked Wiuff down and finished the fight just 21 seconds into the first round.
The co-feature of the night received more media attention than any other on the card, as MMA’s first transgender fighter Fallon Fox competed in the sport for the third time against Allanna Jones in a featherweight contest.
After two and a half rounds of underwhelming teeter totter action, an exhausted Fox pinned her shin against Jones’ neck while she was on the ground, forcing the tap out at the 3:36 mark of round three.
Here are complete CFA 11 Quick Results:
- Mike Kyle def. Travis Wiuff via TKO (punches) at 0:21 of round one
- Fallon Fox def. Allanna Jones via submission (modified north-south choke) at 3:36 of round three
- Luis Palomino def. Robert Washington via knockout (punch) at 3:26 of round one
- Sean Soriano def. Elvin Brito via unanimous decision (50-45, 50-45, 50-45) – retains interim CFA featherweight title
- Alexis Vila def. Czar Sklavos via unanimous decision (29-28, 30-27, 30-27)
- Eddie Gordon def. Oscar Delgado via submission (rear-naked choke) at 1:32 of round two
- Yosdenis Cedeno def. Trent McCown via unanimous decision
- Valdir Araujo de. Aliik Tselko via knockout (flying knee) at 3:47 of round three
- Charles Rosa def. Aaron Steadman via submission (triangle choke) at 3:26 of round one
- Jose Caceres df. Kamarudeen Usman via submission (rear-naked choke) at 3:47 of round one
- Gleidson DeJesus def Yvon Agenord via split decision
- Rico Farrington def. Jake Gomobocz via unanimous decision